Our golden dojo loach seems to be injured? That is the only thing we can figure. It has a red ring around its body, some scales scuffs, and its tail has turned conpletely white. Our only guess is that it tried to fit through a hole that was too small and got caught. It was completely fine this morning. Has anyone ever seen this before? Is there any advice or hope for our little Squigs? Currently being housed in a quarentine tank in hope that it will limit stress.
* How long has the tank been set up for? 7 months
* Size of tank (dimensions and volume). 29 gal
* How is the tank being filtered? sponge filter + fluval 206
* Water temperature. ~74 F
* Your maintenance regime (e.g. how often water changes are carried out, what percentage of the water is changed each time, how often you clean your filter/s and how do you do this?) - Weekly 66% water change
* Has anything new been added to the tank recently? (fish, plants, live food, decor etc). no
* What other fish are in the tank? 3 Goldfish, 2 weather loach, 5 white cloud minnows
* As detailed a description as possible of the symptoms the fish are exhibiting (remember a photograph can speak a thousand words). See previous post and photos
* How long ago the affected fish were added the tank, and how long the fish have been displaying symptoms. 7 month, symptoms started this evening
If so, remove it before any other fish gets caught.
Keep the water in the hospital tank exceptionally clean.
Do enough water changes to keep ammonia and nitrite at 0, and nitrate below 10ppm, and lower is better. This will minimize the possibilities of infection, and reduce the stress to the fish.
If the symptoms stay the same for a few days, then start getting better, then maintain the same treatment.
If the symptoms get worse, especially red areas develop, then bacterial infection if gaining a foothold, and I would suggest antibiotics. There are foods with antibiotics, or treatments that can be added to the water.
Happy fish keeping!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest