my 8" clown loach stopped eating, getting skinny, help!

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Loachloach

Re: my 8" clown loach stopped eating, getting skinny, help!

Post by Loachloach » Sat May 19, 2018 8:44 am

You can open an account with a free image hosting site like https://postimages.org/
It is free of spam and I like it a lot. Then once you upload them there, click on the "share" button and copy the "Direct" link here.

I am not that experienced myself in treating diseases but over the last few years I increased my clown loach school so I was forced to learn. My experience is book experience rather than having personal encounters with diseases. I have an interest in reading about fish in general and diseases is one of my favorite. My first group of loaches was never de-wormed. However, fish do carry parasites and worms and same as any other animal and even humans, its better to de-worm them every so often. It can definitely interfere with their development, growth and even life span.

You loach may have dealt with those worms for quite a while but as you can see it can cut their life short if not treated early or later...

FranM

Post by FranM » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:58 am

I’m glad to hear, too, that the worms were expelled and the Flubendazole did its job yet again.

My clowns still have issues going on and I just gave them a shot of Flubendazole in the form of Kusuri wormer. I had moved them from a 55 to 120 over two months ago. I was expecting an ich outbreak from the stress of the move but that didn’t happen. Anyway, glad you had success—the reason for my post.

RobinBradley

Post by RobinBradley » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:24 am

Thank you for sharing your experience guys it was very helpful