Did My Fish Get Me Sick

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Lighting

Re: Did My Fish Get Me Sick

Post by Lighting » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:48 am

Oh my god, I can't believe anyone would throw away a live fish!! >:o
I think it's unlikely that you caught the illness from the fish. It's a possibility if you accidentally got some of the water in your food or something due to bacteria that is naturally in the water, but humans can't catch fish diseases.

Bas Pels

Post by Bas Pels » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:45 pm

I can't imagine you drank the fishes water. Still some of the medecins used to cvure fish are notr really safe, so if you are not certain the fish is medicated, don't touch the water.

Almost all deseases fish can have son't do too well in humans. That is, almost all illnesses you can cure by heating the weater to 37 C - buyt most fishes will not manage this either.

There are, however, a few exceptions. If I would develop a nasty infection, I would tell the doctor whether I had any illnesses in any of my tanks in the last 4 weeks.

But a headace, unquiet stomach? Never heard of that coming from fish. I'd rather believe you got this from worries for the fish

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:21 pm

I am with the others: Unless you actually drank the old, dirty water the fish was in, I sure doubt that the upset stomach etc has any connection with the fish.
There are several zoonotic disease that people can catch from fish, here is a link to the Center for Disease Control.

https://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/pets/fish.html
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!