Skinny Disease

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Alex...

Skinny Disease

Post by Alex... » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:36 am

Hi There,

3 of my clown loaches are suffering severely from skinny disease, I have tried blue planet's fluke worm treatment, as well as melafix and nothing is working. As well as following every cure guide on every forum.

I am concerned as 1 of my clown loaches is not sick and I don't know what to do with him, I have a second tank but am hesitant to place him in by himself.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

Vivo

Re: Skinny Disease

Post by Vivo » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:19 pm

I've been doing a lot of research myself. I found one treatment that focuses on parasites that manifest with white stringy poop. Does your's have white poop? From what I can tell parasites, internal one's, are passed on if the loaches eat of the infected corpse. PraziPro or Tetra Parasite Guard seem to be recommenced for a broader spectrum of worms, etc. Levamasole seems to be recommended a lot, but it seems to target smaller amount of worm types and not parasites. How are they doing now?

Alex...

Post by Alex... » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:57 am

They are doing slightly better, I have moved my healthy clown loach into my main tank so he is safe from any parasites. As for my unwell loaches, I am leaving them for some time to see whether they recover after their dose.

I tried a dose of bird wormer, that has 10mg/ml of levamisole HCL and 2mg/ml of Praziquantel and it looks like it may have worked.

Refer to this - https://plecoplanet.com/health/how-to-t ... nus-worms/
This website was extremely helpful in helping me understand the issue and how I could utilize other medications that aren't specifically designed for fish.

Alex

Fredyla006

Post by Fredyla006 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:49 am

Alex... wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:36 am
Hi There,

3 of my clown loaches are suffering severely from skinny disease, I have tried blue planet's fluke worm treatment, as well as melafix and nothing is working. As well as following every cure guide on every forum.

I am concerned as 1 of my clown loaches is not sick and I don't know what to do with him, I have a second comparateur assurance chat tank but am hesitant to place him in by himself.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Alex
I have 8 in a 100g tank and noticed that on 5 of them they have these black spots on them.