Setting up the road trip tank

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

JD

Post by JD » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:39 pm

Very cool!! They should do a lot better in there together instead of 3 different tanks. And, introducing them into a strange tank should avoid territorial issues. The Yoyo has always been dominant, the alpha dog in HER pack! She was raised with angles. She would eat the string of eggs before they were done spawning:) But she never really hurt anyone. It is neat to see the cronies are still together and it will be interesting to see if they stick together or go their separate ways. Good luck with the MTS, I tried and Tried to get them in my tanks. I used to keep them in a tank without loached and then collect them and seed the loach tanks. No luck, never:)

Very glad to see all is well, and good luck,
JD

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:00 pm

Mark wrote:
I'm extremely pleased that JD's fish got snapped up by a competent fish keeper! Nice looking tank, Shair.
What he said!

JD

Post by JD » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:43 pm

Jim Powers wrote:Mark wrote:
I'm extremely pleased that JD's fish got snapped up by a competent fish keeper! Nice looking tank, Shair.
What he said!
Yeah, you are right. I think I made Shari nervous asking her to take the cronies since they are over a decade old. But once she saw them, that was it. But you guys are right, I feel they are in a very good home. No pressure Shari!!!

shari2

Post by shari2 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:47 pm

Here's a not the greatest (aren't they all?) photo of the full posse.

And a couple others.

Don't know if I'll ever see the pulchra's again. They have discovered the leaves. All I see is rustle. 8)
books. gotta love em!
http://www.Apaperbackexchange.com

JD

Post by JD » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:05 am

Man that is a good looking posse if I do say so myself:) I should have moved them upstairs long ago! They have some very good color already considering they were just moved across state lines. Neat markings too, kind of cool seeing how different the adult varieties of rostrata, histrionica and dario look. But I do fear there is no dario in the posse anymore.

I see some Vals in there, nice the way you have them coming up through the leaves. Are you going to melt crypts in this tank too?

And you are right, the pulchra will only be seen at feeding times.

JD

shari2

Post by shari2 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:28 am

I'm not sure I can tell what exactly the posse are...nothing looks like a dario to me, and the goldish one is very attached to the yoyo cronie. What's the one with only a couple of half-bars below the lateral line? In the tank his markings are dark brown/black and gold/orange with a white belly.

I like them. They are all over the place. It's fun watching the Queen yoyo trawling the tank with a string of little buggers behind her. When they aren't after her, the clown is right behind. And sometimes they chase off the little guys and go strolling with the angel. Boy, has he perked up since he got some company that can bring him down to size. 8)

books. gotta love em!

Directorate

Post by Directorate » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:27 am

are those real plants?

shari2

Post by shari2 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:50 am

Yep.
books. gotta love em!

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:12 am

Looks neat Shari....That shot with the Angel trying to keep up is cool.The tank of mismatched fish is very appropriate and shows how solos like company no matter who 8)

The one you asked about looks like a Sid to me and another like a Striata. Could the others be Botia udomritthiruji ? I do not see any Dario...

mickthefish

Post by mickthefish » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:57 am

look like rostrata to me shari.

mick

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:23 pm

Ahhhh, there are 7 of these at the lfs that have been there a year or better. Very small about 1"-1.5" .The only one's I have ever seen..... 8)