kuhli bursted

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Mark Janssen

kuhli bursted

Post by Mark Janssen » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:32 am

http://www.venividivissie.org/viewtopic ... 533#463533

some pictures of a kuhli that could not release it's eggs and exploded :shock:
my loache site

7 Botia histronica's & a couple of sid's/Kuhli's

loachmom

Post by loachmom » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:21 am

Thanks for sharing that link, Mark. That is my fear for one of my kuhlis who is quite gravid, although not as much as the one in the photo. I'm not sure how to help her. There are eight other kuhlis in the tank with her.

shari2

Post by shari2 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:40 am

Oh man. How awful.

Loachmom, try getting some Indian almond leaves, let the tank go for a few weeks, and do a largish water change. Is there any of the others (smaller, slimmer) who pal around with her?

If you can't get the almond leaves, try dried (boil them first or you'll turn your tank black and they will just float) white oak leaves. They need good cover, I think. Must be the shy type. 8)
books. gotta love em!
http://www.Apaperbackexchange.com

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:13 am

Not a nice sight! :? I've never herd of them bursting before. I wonder if she was damaged from the decor or a hungry fish.

Thanks for the pictures though, most interesting.

andre

Post by andre » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:27 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Will she survive?

loachmom

Post by loachmom » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:35 pm

shari2 wrote: Loachmom, try getting some Indian almond leaves, let the tank go for a few weeks, and do a largish water change. Is there any of the others (smaller, slimmer) who pal around with her?

If you can't get the almond leaves, try dried (boil them first or you'll turn your tank black and they will just float) white oak leaves. They need good cover, I think. Must be the shy type. 8)
Thanks Shari.

I'll try that with the oak leaves. She does loachy dance still with some skinnier ones. It would be great if they would spawn, but I'd still be happy if she passes or absorbs the eggs so she doesn't get impacted.