Zipper Laoch trouble. Urgent!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

mack

Post by mack » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:52 am

Jim Powers wrote:I have both guentheri and triangularis and have not had any serious problems with them. They do chase each other around some and will occasionally chase the rainbows in the tank, but that's it.
It looks as if there are plenty of hiding places in that tank so I haven't a clue as to why you would be having such trouble. It sounds as if your only real choice is to return the fish. That's too bad since both species are very interesting to keep.
I know it is strange. But I have the biggest problem. I can't return them. There is no way to get rid of them.

mack
I was once open minded, but my brain kept falling out

raecarrow

Post by raecarrow » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:48 am

I have seen people rehome their fish on Craiglist before. (the link to craigslist New Zealand http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/nz ) Although the site I use is for the Washington DC metro area which gets lots of activity. It doesn't look like there is too much activity on the NZ pets section.

There is the Aquarium Forum New Zealand site ( http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/ ). They have a private exchange/trade section. Maybe someone would be willing to trade you for your pesky little guys.

Who knows, there may be someone on this forum from NZ besides you that wouldn't mind taking them off your hands.

Hope this helps,
Rae

mack

Post by mack » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:49 pm

raecarrow wrote:I have seen people rehome their fish on Craiglist before. (the link to craigslist New Zealand http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/nz ) Although the site I use is for the Washington DC metro area which gets lots of activity. It doesn't look like there is too much activity on the NZ pets section.
I thought of Craig List. But they are very quiet on pets. And the same with Trade me.
There is the Aquarium Forum New Zealand site ( http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/ ). They have a private exchange/trade section. Maybe someone would be willing to trade you for your pesky little guys.
Yes I am a member of that forum. The only trouble is shipping of these fish. No one in NZ really ships the fish. And if you do ship the fish the price is very dear. Plus as far as I know they only cost $2.00 per fish and the shipping would be over $50. And at that you are lucky.
Who knows, there may be someone on this forum from NZ besides you that wouldn't mind taking them off your hands.
I will have another sniff. But I know one thing not many NZ fish keeps are overly exotic. They just stick to the normal fish. And Loaches are to most people a boring fish, they like Corys here. Although their are quite a few like me with Loaches, just not that many.
Hope this helps,
Cheers, and thank you.

mac

raecarrow

Post by raecarrow » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:32 pm

If all else fails, you can run a rehome add in one of your local papers. The nice thing about saying you are "rehoming" as opposed to selling is that you can be choosy about who you let them go home with. Sorry my previous advice wasn't more useful.
Rae

mack

Post by mack » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:15 pm

raecarrow wrote:If all else fails, you can run a rehome add in one of your local papers. The nice thing about saying you are "rehoming" as opposed to selling is that you can be choosy about who you let them go home with. Sorry my previous advice wasn't more useful.
That is a idea. My local fish club. HMMM.

No your advice was great., and much appreciated. But I can't use it all.

Cheers,
mack

mack

Post by mack » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:41 pm

So can anyone think what could have made the Zippers do this?

mack