Fighting clowns

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

55gal

Fighting clowns

Post by 55gal » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:00 pm

My 2 biggest clown loaches are what i guess is fighting. They chace and nip at each other sometimes.
I would guess that they are fighiting for domanace?
They are the same size, but their is no noticeable marks on either yet.
I hope it will pass. I bought 2 more so i have 5 clowns now. I hope this will help.
Any advice?
Thank you.
6 polkadot loaches, 6 blood fin tetras, 7 white cloud mtn. minnows, 3 gold barbs, 1 flying fox, and 1 pleco munching up my algae. oh yea i am expiermenting with sanils, humm.

nitram79

Post by nitram79 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:09 am

i am new to the clown loach but from what i know is that they are figuring out who is toughest/leader, which technically may go on for ever,lol... but now that you have 3 more or 5 all up, that should help out alot. i have 2 pakistani's and the bigger one seems to chase the little one when he see's him, but it's not really an issue, coz the little one chases the clown loach when he finds him. these things happen when you dont have a school of them but now with 5 im sure it will settle down

yellowsub9

Post by yellowsub9 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:34 am

Yeah my 3 largest clowns are always fighting to determine who's the king of the hill. Sometimes its looks nasty but no one gets hurt maybe some scratches. I have 12 so the more the better and the aggression is spread out more.

55gal

Post by 55gal » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:56 am

Thank you i guess it is normal, so long as no one gets hurt it is kinda fun to watch.
6 polkadot loaches, 6 blood fin tetras, 7 white cloud mtn. minnows, 3 gold barbs, 1 flying fox, and 1 pleco munching up my algae. oh yea i am expiermenting with sanils, humm.

raving_wayne

Post by raving_wayne » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:52 am

hiya folks

not always the biggest that have the upper hand i have 3 fully grown yoyo's all at 6" and rest are all smaller from 2" to 5" but the domanate one seems to be a 4" yoyo she takes no crap fro none of the others and keeps every yoyo in line the bigger loaches back down from her at all times,

just shows that a female with attitude will knock down a bloke lol
If Life is simple...... Why are there so many clever people about?!!!