Terrible pictures and a dilemma or two

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Aaandyyy

Terrible pictures and a dilemma or two

Post by Aaandyyy » Mon May 18, 2009 4:31 pm

Terrible pictures I know, apologies, don't appear to have the patience for aquarium photography that I once did.
These were taken in the clear end of the tank just after lights out. The DVDR is in there to give an idea of size, it is a fraction under 5 inch diameter. Bear in mind that the glass is 19mm thick and has a reverse magnifying effect, I'm sure there is a more technical term for that!
More I think about it the more I'm convinced I can't part with them, especially with the offers I'm getting of "Take 'em off yer 'ands mate, probly give ya £50!"
The aquarium is 8 x 3 x 3 and going to be set up as a palludarium with approx 18" of water level and loads of big bogwood pieces that I have, rising above the water level to provide a garden above as well as the river below, hopefully this will make it more pleasing to the eye.
Filtration will be by an overhead 100 litre trickle filter at one end which will provide a constant rainfall there.
Current provided by the existing 4 x Eheim 2080 and two FX5's plus two Seio 2600 powerheads in addition to the pond pump feeding the trickle filter.
Lighting will be quite bright but I think all the wood and plants will provide more than enough cover to make the Clowns feel secure.
My dilemma though - do I risk Clowns with my pair of Channa pleuropthalma? I know as a biotope it's a strict no but as the aquarium is a central display in my home, I need something in there that provides a small amount of viewing pleasure which unfortunately Clowns just can't be depended on for. And Channa are my other passion! I have never had any fish attack or try to eat a Clown loach other than possibly those Datnioides which I lost which may or may not have eaten young Clowns. I'm convinced nature has provided Clowns with a warning label.
Ummm, how do I add pictures? Better upload them to Photobucket first I guess.

mickthefish

Post by mickthefish » Mon May 18, 2009 4:36 pm

yeah photobuckets the best way mate. :lol:

mick
never take people at face value.

Aaandyyy

Post by Aaandyyy » Mon May 18, 2009 4:44 pm

The datnioides is here for comparison, it has been netted and is just over 11 inches, say 28cm.