Schistura whatevers?

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Tinman

Schistura whatevers?

Post by Tinman » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:25 pm

I purchased a couple of loaches a several days ago very similar in many ways to Schistura robertsi . They lack any definitive markings like any stripes , specifically the black near the tail and stripes like Schistura robertsi but are about the same size with the same number of barbels I belive. These are very active darting in and out .I have not managed a count on dorsal spines yet as the stay just in the shadows or move very quickly when out. They are colored almost a caucasian skin tone on the front half like the Schistura robertsi base color and fade to almost red at the back half. These are not nearly as red colored as the Crimson var, or Sumo loach lacking the bands specifically and the brightness of the reds. They are active and seem healthy.They may color up more as they settle but I doubt they will be a bright red. Pics are hard to get of these, I have been trying with no success.
Hello to all btw....Any ideas ????
yaah , I have a fish tank

starsplitter7

Re: Schistura whatevers?

Post by starsplitter7 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:10 am

Hi Tinman,

No idea on the Schistura. How are you doing? Haven't heard from you in so long.

piggy4

Post by piggy4 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:51 am

Hi Tinman , how did you get on with those Botia Dario ?

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:17 pm

Hey guys...been working way too much. I had a catastophic failure about a year ago. Came home to an extinct system. My fish where excellent till then. There where no survivors though. City water valve hung wide open for several days while I was out of town. Had about 25 pounds floating ...terrible day. The snails that crawled up where the only survivors.I have just been adding back loaches now as my system is back online and aged enough. I will be adding Darios soon I hope. I have 25 modesta, 24 clown, histis,robusta, these I am asking about with some similar a well an extensive rainbow and barb collection now. Thanks for asking. I hope to be around some now. I am down to 1500 us gallons across 6 tanks as well.

piggy4

Post by piggy4 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:31 pm

Ahhh damn ,thats bad luck Tinman ,good to see your not throwing the towel in :shock: I'm sure you will pick up and rise again :!: I really enjoyed your input on here :) keep us informed on how you get on .

Keith Wolcott

Post by Keith Wolcott » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:34 pm

Hi Tinman- I can't answer your question. Sorry to hear about your tragedy, but it is good to have you back!

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:04 am

Thank you :D