Roe?

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Klown loach

Roe?

Post by Klown loach » Tue May 10, 2011 4:15 am

Yesterday i went to my mates house because he recently bought 2 clown loach and he said 1 of them had a problem, he had 5 in there already and 6 of them were swimming fine but the other one wasn't it was just sitting on the bog wood, it's mouth was all red and it looked really fat i want to know if it could kill the fish and if it's contagious or should he move it to another tank and is there anyway to treat it, the guy at my LFS said he's never heard of it before.

Klown loach

Re: Roe?

Post by Klown loach » Tue May 10, 2011 4:17 am

Also it was losing alot of its colour and looked very dull, i read abit about it on the internet and it mentioned something about roe but im not too sure what roe is?

EmilyMarie85

Post by EmilyMarie85 » Tue May 10, 2011 11:28 am

Roe are eggs inside a female fish (to my understanding) -- Although breeding clown loaches is uncharted territory, if the fish is displaying signs of being ill, I doubt that is the cause...

Pic? There was someone who recently lost a clown to similar conditions that I think you are describing - I will see if I can't find that thread.

EmilyMarie85

Post by EmilyMarie85 » Tue May 10, 2011 2:15 pm

FINALLY found it.
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forum ... p?t=413440

Not sure how much that will help you treat - But, maybe help in diagnosing.