New loach lover. Some pics and videos

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

glenna

Re: New loach lover. Some pics and videos

Post by glenna » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:21 pm

oh, BTW those fork tailed rainbows are PRETTY
I have turquoise rainbows in my clown tank and Boesmani's with my yoyo tank. They make great dithers, are truly beautiful on their own and quite nice and peaceful community fish in general.
glenna

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:51 pm

My forktail rainbows are still babies and need to grow but they are absolutely gorgeous and actually pretty funny to watch.
I love their blue eyes in contrast with the yellow tales, very sparking looking. I saw the adult ones in a display tank in the shop and it was a stiking view.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:03 pm

badass tank.i hope your live vegetation lasted as long as mine did over the years. because my clowns sure liked making beds out of everything even java fern and anubius fern lol..
All your loaches are belong to me!

davo

Post by davo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:12 am

Real nice tank for sure-love your clown with the odd marking-don't see too many of them around where I live in WI! Anyone need a 13in long Pleco???

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:32 pm

Thanks all. Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been around for a while.
I surely hope the clown loaches will not destroy everything as they grow but so far so good.
When I first put them in, in a week time they had made punching holes in everything bar the anubias. I started feeding with lots of algae wafers and they stopped totally touching the plants since. It's odd but its been fine for maybe 6 months now. So far they are refusing to eat the expanding platy fry population so I need to thin them out a bit. Every plant I add I now make sure it isn't very edible just in case they go back into plant mood :lol:
I got a bigger tank and I would love to move them but there's no way I can catch them without totally pulling that driftwood apart and it's made up of 5 peaces.

joeybab3

Post by joeybab3 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Can i just like have your tank? :mrgreen: looks great, im sure your loaches love it
______________________________________________________________________________________
60 gallon All loach tank
20g salt
10g goldfish
http://loachcam.joeybabcock.me

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:33 am

Here is a short video from today of the naughty clowns:

Three clowns version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YimKHvcYCAI

Five clowns version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YimKHvcYCAI

Five clowns episode 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cbL_ecBMFA

:D
Last edited by Loachloach on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boxercrazy156

Post by boxercrazy156 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:59 am

I have rainbows with my clowns plus I hae 9 golden zebra loaches also with my 5 clowns 14 rainbows 2 bolivian rams and 2 torpedo barbs mine are always out with the exception of an afternoon nap sometimes I have a heavily planted tank with 3 pieces of driftwood its a 120 gallon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY5YuvrU17A

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:34 pm

This is a very nice tank with happy fish boxercrazy.
I actually had a breakthrough with mine. I switched off a 2800L/H powerhead for other reasons and since then the clowns can't get enough of it. I think my clowns are not a fan of a very strong flow although there's still 10x the water volume an hour. Whatever it bothered them about the powerhead, it works.
I have a 100 gallon tank I am setting up now that will be more heavily planted if the plants make it :D . One day when I catch them I'll move them.

boxercrazy156

Post by boxercrazy156 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:01 pm

That's awesome about the breakthrough it's good to watch goofy clowns my favorite my sisters clowns always hide she has them with discus. Glad you got some rainbows for you clowns I was watching my clowns swimming around my rainbows doing the male dance today they were practically bumping them and they swim and hang out with the other loaches

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Just one more video from today below. I've no idea what is the excitement with the curved glass. They never get tired of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64AYHvxwcdM

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:11 pm

They are awesome! It looks like they are playing the piano! :lol:

boxercrazy156

Post by boxercrazy156 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 pm

They look so happy and goofy mine look like that at supper time when they get their frozen food

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:11 pm

He, he. Maybe it's some type of sign language? They always do it in the corner next to the sofa where I am sitting so they are trying to tell me something.... (I actually took the video from there)
I should probably feed them some blood worms or possibly buy them a piano :lol: