Caring for 5 SUPER TINY Clowns - HELP!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

redshark1

Re: Caring for 5 SUPER TINY Clowns - HELP!

Post by redshark1 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:52 pm

On the body shape I can't remember exactly when it became apparent. It was sooo long ago, but I remember my two females were the biggest fish from an early age.

There must be a good chance that the biggest fish in a same-age group will be female.
6 x Clown Loaches all 30 years of age on 01.01.2024, largest 11.5", 2 large females, 4 smaller males, aquarium 6' x 18" x 18" 400 ltr/90 uk gal/110 US gal. approx.

The Angry Loach

Post by The Angry Loach » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:16 pm

Whelp. I don't know what to tell you. Clown loaches can be a hard one to sex. My guys are about a year and a half and 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 inches and I can barely begin to understand them. maybe someday there will be an exact science. xD
I liek feesh. And yes, I drew that xD

MandaMunky

Post by MandaMunky » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:21 pm

Hi Fishee!!

Thanks for following the thread - I'm glad to know that our little one has a few fans. I'm certainly a fan of the feisty little one! He/she is still doing exceptionally well, so well in fact, that I'm considering moving him/her into the main tank this weekend! I haven't made a final decision on that yet, but if not this weekend then SOON!

Also, as I mentioned in another thread (http://forums.loaches.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25093) I actually inherited 3 baby Yoyos from a friend (with a super clean tank & immaculate fish keeping practices, who I trust endlessly) a couple weeks ago... so, you'll see them in the photos/video linked below & as you can tell... the little clown is BOSS! This is another reason why I may wait another couple weeks to move them all over. Even though I trust my friend implicitly, I'd like to make sure these guys all go at least a month before going into the big tank. I want to make sure they are adapted to all of the foods I feed/eating really well & can fend for themselves well enough with the big fish.

One of these photos is the Von Rio Tetra who was suffering the most fin damage. At one point his tail fin was completely gone, but now, as you can see, it's almost fully grown back! Talk about TOUGH!

Please do excuse the algae on the glass in the OT tank but otherwise, please enjoy the photos & video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deiwqzwL ... e=youtu.be

Our little Clown Fry #1

Our little Clown Fry #2

Half Tail Tetra

Baby Yoyo #1

Baby Yoyo #2

Baby Yoyo #3

MandaMunky

Post by MandaMunky » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:54 pm

Okay!!! It's happening *THIS* weekend...everyone in QT is moving into their permanent digs! FINALLY! I'll post another update again after all is said & done. After everything that's happened I sure do hope things go smoothly.... fingers crossed.

=)

redshark1

Post by redshark1 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:06 pm

Gudlook!
6 x Clown Loaches all 30 years of age on 01.01.2024, largest 11.5", 2 large females, 4 smaller males, aquarium 6' x 18" x 18" 400 ltr/90 uk gal/110 US gal. approx.