Panda loaches

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Mcgold76

Panda loaches

Post by Mcgold76 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:45 pm

So about a month ago I found 8 little panda loaches at the lfs. Put them in a 10g with some cherry shrimp and wcm. Keeping temp at around 68 and a bit of flow. Feeding them omega 1 veggie rounds. They go crazy for them. Wondering if anybody here has had them. They are fascinating little guys but very little info on them. Going to set up a 20 long for them. Really would love to breed them and looking for any advise. They are a mountain stream fish. Similar in habitat to the hillsstream loach

mikev

Re: Panda loaches

Post by mikev » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:06 am

Well, they are one of the hillstream loaches :P

I have eight adults (look quite different from juveniles... cow pattern more than panda). No breeding yet, mine matured only recently, but this has been done in Germany, there is an article in Amazon you may want to read.

Mcgold76

Post by Mcgold76 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:49 am

So they are actually part of the hillstream family?

How do you have yours setup? What temp? What have you been feeding them. Do you have a link to that article? Haven't come across that one yet. Totally fascinated by these guys. Want to know everything

mikev

Post by mikev » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:13 am

atmichaels

Post by atmichaels » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:36 am

Check out this thread:
http://forums.loaches.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25128
It's a bit heavy on pics but there is some good info in there as well. Also, it was the Mar/Apr 2015 Amazonas issue with the article on breeding by Friedrich Bitter.

Austen
Currently keeping: gastromyzon spp., hypergastromyzon humilis, pseudogastromyzon sp., sewellia spp., ambastaia sidthimunki, homaloptera spp., serpenticobitis octozona, Yaoshania pachychilus. As well as various catfish, loricarids, livebearers and tetras.

Mcgold76

Post by Mcgold76 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:47 pm

Thanks for the links. Just order the Amazonas issue. Hopefully they give some good info. What is everybody feeding them. Using omega 1 veggie rounds. Gave them some live black worms last night and they went crazy for then. Just wondering how often to give them meaty food

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:31 am

I can't offer much info on them but I asked the owner in one of the fish shops here about them once. I asked if they are difficult to keep and he said they actually aren't which I was surprised to hear as I had read otherwise. But I remember that he said they are not shy at all and don't hide. He even tapped on the glass to show me and they just kept doing their thing. Good luck and let us know how they get on.

Sebastianmbridge

Post by Sebastianmbridge » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:24 am

This was the famous article that have all the colors on it was good to know about this that someone have in with us. I need to know more data that all I got from bestessays.com reliable this has all the services on it that was good to read.