Small vid of the loach tank

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

J@CKSON

Small vid of the loach tank

Post by J@CKSON » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi here is a small vid of the loach tank there are 52 clown loaches and 9 YOYO's. also have 3 L-330's, 5 L-075 and a few other fish that I cant think of LOL This tank is not 100% done and I have no time now to finish but will soon :) It is good enough for them to be happy but looks sort of messy :(

thanks

[URL=http://s171.photobucket.com/albums ... .jpg[/img][/url]

mickthefish

Post by mickthefish » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:43 pm

nice tank bud, i'm not sure on the cichlids being in there though,
don't forget that cichlids have teeth that could take the mucus of your loaches leaving them open for a bacterial attack.
i'm not sure on the species of cichlids you keep but the fish on the right was showing territoral and aggresive posture towards it's tankmates.

mick

J@CKSON

Post by J@CKSON » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:14 pm

Thanks for the kind words.

I have 2 types in there 1 male Fire Mouth who is harmless and 2 Uaru who are even more harmless than the Fire Mouth. The fish you are talking about showing territorial postures is the Fire Mouth. He just chases when I feed them nothing more than that. I am not concerned this is just normal behavior. These fish have all grown up together in a smaller tank and were moved here not that long ago so they are just settling in :)

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:24 pm

Ah yes, Uaru are lovely gentle giants (not when it comes to devouring plants though! :lol: ). We have a pair of U. fernandezyepezi in at our shop at the moment, which are gorgeous.

Could you tell us what dimensions this tank is, as I think it is probably wider than it looks on the video. Also, what type of filtration do you have, is it cannisters, sump etc?

The only thing I would say is that although the water circulation looks good, I think that the loaches would benefit from a much longer swimming length pretty soon - is that something you are planning?

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

J@CKSON

Post by J@CKSON » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:25 am

Emma Turner wrote:Ah yes, Uaru are lovely gentle giants (not when it comes to devouring plants though! :lol: ). We have a pair of U. fernandezyepezi in at our shop at the moment, which are gorgeous.

Could you tell us what dimensions this tank is, as I think it is probably wider than it looks on the video. Also, what type of filtration do you have, is it cannisters, sump etc?

The only thing I would say is that although the water circulation looks good, I think that the loaches would benefit from a much longer swimming length pretty soon - is that something you are planning?

Emma
The tank is 5'x2.5'x3' Really odd tank it was used for stingrays before my brother gave it to me.

When the vid was taken I thin I only had the Fx5, 2X XP4, 1x AC100 and the power heads.

Now there is 1x FX5, 2x XP4, 1x XP1, 2x AC100, 1x Eheim 2028 pro.

Power heads Only one AC 900 and one AC 70

No plants. Just river rocks and wood.

The loaches are about 5'' right now and I plan on moving them around the 6''-7'' mark. They have lots of room to swim and carry on. The tank looks small in the vid like you mention. I have to stand away from it to fit it on the cam.

Dojosmama

Re: Small vid of the loach tank

Post by Dojosmama » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:59 pm

Video wouldn't load for me.