Dwarf Chain Loaches Nipping

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

NancyD

Re: Dwarf Chain Loaches Nipping

Post by NancyD » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:10 am

What size are your angels & what kind of rainbows? I can't imagine mine ever harassing even half grown angels or larger rainbows...threadfin rainbows...maybe...they're so small & such delicate, slow swimmers. Frankly, I'm shocked at your experiences!

I tried to keep juvenile skunk loaches with CA cichlids years ago & that was a major problem... but sids, never IME...

Sarahnya

Post by Sarahnya » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:12 am

Oddly enough I've never seen them nip a threadfin, maybe because they chill near the top.

I've seen them biting my wapoga river rainbow and my medium sized Angels. My Wapoga actually got so pissed off he charged at them and scared em off.

They certainly don't do it very often though. It's just like you'll occasionally see one get a bee in its bonnet about a fish being there and then chase it about a bit.

redshark1

Post by redshark1 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:10 am

I came to the conclusion that the nippy Sids were probably very hungry (starving).
6 x Clown Loaches all 30 years of age on 01.01.2024, largest 11.5", 2 large females, 4 smaller males, aquarium 6' x 18" x 18" 400 ltr/90 uk gal/110 US gal. approx.