Panda loach / Yaoshania pachychilus

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

atmichaels

Re: Panda loach / Yaoshania pachychilus

Post by atmichaels » Sat May 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Thank you, Charles! Yes, I've viewed that discussion in the forum on seriouslyfish several times. Your pictures and videos are ausgezeichnet! Unfortunately, I've not had much luck finding anything published by Herr Ott other than on my-fish.org which is down at the moment. I would greatly appreciate any information on breeding you may have.
Thanks!
Austen
Currently keeping: gastromyzon spp., hypergastromyzon humilis, pseudogastromyzon sp., sewellia spp., ambastaia sidthimunki, homaloptera spp., serpenticobitis octozona, Yaoshania pachychilus. As well as various catfish, loricarids, livebearers and tetras.

atmichaels

Post by atmichaels » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:16 pm

Here is a short video of tonight's feeding. I love the way they dig in!

http://youtu.be/Bct2wvTCsLI
Currently keeping: gastromyzon spp., hypergastromyzon humilis, pseudogastromyzon sp., sewellia spp., ambastaia sidthimunki, homaloptera spp., serpenticobitis octozona, Yaoshania pachychilus. As well as various catfish, loricarids, livebearers and tetras.

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:52 pm

Wow, so cute & active! I didn't realize how fast they changed coloring (must be your good husbandry)...but still so pretty! Maybe after my eventual move I'll have to try them if they're still available. Thanks for posting all the pics.

atmichaels

Post by atmichaels » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Quick pic update.

Austen

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:48 am

Very nice fish. I was tempted to get them once when I saw them locally. The shop assistant was telling me they aren't skittish at all and was knocking on the glass to show me.
I am glad that they are doing well for you.

atmichaels

Post by atmichaels » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:48 pm

All grown up and looking good!

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Those are really nice looking!

atmichaels

Post by atmichaels » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:18 pm

Thanks Jim. I think I prefer the adult coloration to the juvenile. There doesn't appear to be a standard pattern amongst my group so it's pretty easy to tell them apart. They also have awesome personality!

Cockroach

Post by Cockroach » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:21 pm

ch.koenig wrote:
Sat May 17, 2014 5:27 pm
Hi
Just as information: Gerhard Ott has done some work on this species. Sexing is possible a he shows in an article. My way to to this is documented on www.seriouslyfish.com. The species has been bred lately in Germany. Article if required.
Cheers Charles
Morning Charles,

I would really appreciate links to the articles of you are still able to.
Multiple Sewellia species breeding tanks
Dwarf chain loach and mixed loach paludarium
Clown loach, Yoyo Loach river tank
Rhinogobius, gastro's, panda garra and other loaches/gobies.

ch.koenig

Post by ch.koenig » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:22 am

Hi
I could send you some material. Please send me your e-mail
Cheers Charles

ch.koenig

Post by ch.koenig » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:36 am

Hi
As I told you by PM some time ago, the only site with the informations - my-fish.org - is still beeing rebuilt. The part with the top-breeders informations is still not working.
And for the rest: no answer, no interest? Mine to help is going down :cry:
Cheers Charles

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:59 pm

Charles, I always appreciate your input, as do many of us. Unfortunately this site is dying (sniff). It's very sad to see.

I hope you'll join some of us at facebook loach fanatics...or maybe you have?? You have some very good insights I hope you'll continue to share. We need informed people like you helping us all to understand & identify our loaches.

ch.koenig

Post by ch.koenig » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:23 pm

Thanks a lot, Nancy. I apreceate very much.
I will continue to support where help is needed, but not on facebook or else, at least not in this life.
Cheers Charles

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:34 pm

I'm not much of a facebooker but I do loach fanatics, my plant club (sort of, when the main site was down) & a very few relatives. My settings are on paranoid, lol. If I don't know you already I won't "friend you". I visit maybe once/week.

You are 1 of the reasons I stick around here at all. I check once/week or so to see if something interesting has come up.

I'll check your linked website my-fish.org in the future. If you have other loach articles I may send you my email... but I'm not much on sharing personal info. I think I'm almost as bad as you for that ;)

ch.koenig

Post by ch.koenig » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:38 pm

Hi Nancy
Seems that I can't send a PM, at least there is no confirmation in the "sent" box-
Could you try?
Cheers Charles