Who has green neon tetras?

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

MultipleTankSyndrome

Who has green neon tetras?

Post by MultipleTankSyndrome » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:42 pm

Was just curious if anyone else had any green neon tetras? I find myself agreeing with Wikipedia in that they are nowhere near as common as neon or cardinal tetras, which got me curious enough to make this thread and ask.

I wonder why they're not so common. Their green-blue stripe is, at least to me, very attractive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_neo ... mulans.jpg
473 liter - pictus catfish, smallscale archerfish, planned pumpkinseed sunfish
110 liter - green neon+cardinal tetras
473 liter - roseline sharks, striped kuhli+black kuhli+Burmese loaches, zebra/weather/neon kuhli loaches (planned)

Bas Pels

Re: Who has green neon tetras?

Post by Bas Pels » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:33 am

Here the three species of Cheirodon are almost always offered. So, if I would want that one, I could get them. But I have only Cardinal tetras

lilycollins

Post by lilycollins » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:50 am

Fish that are less common might not receive as much attention or promotion in the aquarium industry, incredibox which can contribute to their lower visibility.

Loachmash

Post by Loachmash » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:10 pm

I have 20 of these in quarantine, got them on ebay, hard to find in local stores.

At face value a better bet than cardinal tetra which have too much red for me.

These are also better than regular Neons as they are directional schoolers like the Cardinals (Neons dont do that), but have the pop of the Neons; perfect middle ground for those who buy these things for the neon flash in the first place. They flash both electric neon blue and green which is fantastic.