Pictures of clowns

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

jerry_tyler

Pictures of clowns

Post by jerry_tyler » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:13 pm

I was looking at the pictures on coppermine and I couldn't believe the people that has lots of large clowns. I really enjoyed the pictures. One of these days I will have them too. The guy that built my aquarium , on the top of the overflows he put big notches. :( So small fish go over the falls to the filter. If I am lucky my wife finds them and puts them back in. I have tried to close the holes but the pumps are starving for water. So thats why I need the bigger fish. I know all of the clowns are your kids. But if anyone ever decides to part with them , please let me know. I will give them a very nice home. Pay for them of course :D

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:56 am

Cant you or have you not got a 30gal set-up somewhere? You could use that as a feeder tank and once there size is acceptable you just simply transfer them over.

Emma Turner

Overflow problem.

Post by Emma Turner » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:59 pm

Hi Jerry,
Sorry to hear about the problem with your overflow. At this rate you won't be getting that massive shoal of Cardinal tetras :(
Steve has asked me to ask you whether you could post a couple of pics of the offending weir/overflow so he can have a think about any modifications that could possibly be made to it so that it allows sufficient water through for the pumps but doesn't allow small fish through. He's not promising a definite answer to the problem, but he's pretty good when it comes to aquarium equipment problem solving, and is familiar with many overflow systems as he does a lot of work with large marine aquariums.
Emma

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:17 pm

Yes Emma, seeing the problem might be half the battle to solving it. I was thinking plastic canvas, (as available in craft stores) siliconed over these big cutouts. As long as plant debris doesn't block them, that ought to work.

Here's a small piece.... Image
I've used it in filters as media divider, it's inert.

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

jerry_tyler

Post by jerry_tyler » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:16 pm

I am in Larado tx. tonight and will be there a while. But what it is, the notches are about 1/2 wide and 1 1/2 tall. So the fish chase food going over, are gets nosey and rides over the falls. I siloconed some mess but it slowed the water down to much. I am going to try and put something right down to water where they can't ride it over. When I get home I will take a picture. Thanks for all the help. :D