Welcome to the New Freshwater Forum

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Newbie-to-fish

Post by Newbie-to-fish » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:23 pm

Oh Hi Fran: Awesome you have your pic uploaded! That is fantastic. See it wasn't hard at all. Just steps but at least it will get done, LOL. Anyways, I love this site! I'm addicted to it now that I have a fish tank.. Man what a job trying to get it regulated but it is getting there I can be patient because I know the reward will be great. Great to visit with you. I put me and my husband's pic on here too. LOL DEBI :D
Last edited by Newbie-to-fish on Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FranAndHerFish

Post by FranAndHerFish » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:35 pm

Nice picture of you and hubby--a good lucking couple you are. Enjoy fish keeping. Here's my word of advice to you that was given to me by a very knowledgable "matriarch" of the forum. Fresh water IS key to fish health. I know it because it works.

:-)

Fran
"Trust is the first step to love."

Newbie-to-fish

Post by Newbie-to-fish » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:14 pm

I'm guessing by "Fresh Water", that means water changes? If so, after my tank is stable,? do I do that one time a week, I have a 30 gallon tank..
Last edited by Newbie-to-fish on Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FranAndHerFish

Post by FranAndHerFish » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:30 am

Hi Debi.

Yes by fresh water I mean water changes. How heavily stocked is your tank? I have a heavily stocked 55 gallon so I do 40% water changes each week or at least I TRY to--two weeks is max.
"Trust is the first step to love."

Newbie-to-fish

Post by Newbie-to-fish » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:12 am

My tank is new and so I have 2 guppies only trying to get the water balanced out before I purchase anymore, you can go and read my topic that had allot of input in it to explain, anyways so that is why I was asking cause I'm a newbie-to-fish. LOL.....

Cabinny00

Hello all.

Post by Cabinny00 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:39 pm

I am James and I am semi new to the Hobby, I say semi because I have been keeping the 55g tank I have for about a year now prior to that was helping fiancee with a 20g. I have heard and read many varying opinions from many forums and sites and love to read up on this particular Hobby incessantly one day I hope to be able to afford a quite large tank but for now the 55g is adequate.

Here is a list of my stocking:

Rainbowfishes=
4 Melanotaenia inornata 2 males 2 females ( at least I think these are this type some of them are similar enough that I could say them as well)

2 turqoise Rainbow both males I believe

2 Praecox Rainbows both males

6 varying guppies

3 Platies one of which was not expected nicknamed Frye from Futureama.

1 Yoyo Loach ( intend on getting more since I have read they are social originally had two but the other died. I think it had been over stressed its breathing was very frenzied and shallow even though it had 4 days in the tank)

1 Plecostumous named Samo Hung which is the monster of the tank at about 9in.

hyster104

Post by hyster104 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:50 pm

I, too, would like to say hello. My name is Walter and I am from Massachusetts. I don't even remember how, but, I stumbled upon this forum tonight and am happy I did!! Loaches have long been a favorite of mine. I am just getting my tanks started again and look forward to more of the good information I have seen here. Hopefully I can find and keep some nice healthy loaches with your help.

shari2

Post by shari2 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:14 am

Welcome, Walter. 8)
books. gotta love em!
http://www.Apaperbackexchange.com

Mark in Vancouver

Post by Mark in Vancouver » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:31 am

Good to see you, Walter. Welcome aboard.
Your vantage point determines what you can see.

buenavides1

Re: Welcome to the New Freshwater Forum

Post by buenavides1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:52 am

Once in a while, I can get a decent photo of my fish tank. Achievement unlocked! :D